Spiders! – Are they all poisonous?
Many of the spiders in America numbering approximately 3,000 are not poisonous. As much as many spiders bite, their incisors are so weak or tiny to break the human skin. Spider bites could result in red wounds that itch and always heal in a week or slightly longer.
If the spider succeeds in biting and inserting its poisonous venom, we can have severe health problems. Continue reading to find out more about spider bites, varieties of spiders and there bites, and treatment for spider bites.
How spider bites look?
It would be much easier to identify spider bites only if you had a chance to see it bit you, but would be close to impossible if you didn’t see it. However, you will be able to notice the spider bite a number of hours later.
Signs of spider bite:
- Swelling of the bitten area
- A welt which appear reddish
- Damage to the skin
- Any symptoms troubling and accompanying the spider bite
Additional symptoms that could result from a spider bite are:
- Rash or itching
- Bitten area and the surrounding gets painful
- Cramping or painful muscle
- Purplish or reddish blister
- Producing a lot of sweat
- Breathing challenges
- Head pain (headache)
- Vomiting and nausea
- High temperature
- Restlessness and anxiety
- Lymph glands swellings
- HBP (high blood pressure)
Bites from spiders heal after a long time as compared to bites from other kinds of insects and could affect the tissues of your skin. It’s better to ensure that the area that bitten in kept clean to prevent infection.
Home remedies for spider bites
You can successfully treat and manage spider bites from home for bites from nonvenomous spiders. Do the following to treat spider bites from home:
- Place a pack of ice on the spider bite at least every 10 minutes
- To reduce the swelling raise the area
- To manage itching take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) an antihistamine
- Use water and soap in cleaning the area so as to prevent infection
- Incase blisters occur in the bitten area rub with antibiotic ointment
If the spider bite symptoms do not disappear after performing the steps above over time, please seek advice of your doctor.
In case you suspect or notice that the spider bite was resulted by the species of spiders listed below please seek medical help as soon as possible:
- Hobo Spider
- Brown Recluse
- Brazilian Wandering Spider
- Black Widow
Below is an explanation of the characteristics of these spiders, their hiding places and how they look.CONTINUE READING >>