In rare cases, surgery would be needed for a stomach ulcer that is complicated. The case might be:
- It didn’t heal
- There is a tear via the stomach
- It returns continuously
- Doesn’t allow food to flow away from the stomach to the small intestine
The surgery might include:
- Having the entire ulcer removed
- Having tissue taken from other intestines part and have it patched on the site of the ulcer
- Having bleeding artery tied off
- Has the nerve supply cut off in order for the stomach acid production to be reduced?
In the years gone, there was a thought that diet can lead to ulcers. Now we know it isn’t true. We know also too that the foods we eat can’t cure or cause stomach ulcer, you taking a diet that is healthful would have a benefit on your health and the intestinal tract.
Generally, it’s nice eating a diet that has lots of vegetables, fiber, and fruits
Having said this, it’s a bit possible that there are some foods which actually have a role in having H. pylori eliminated. Listed below are foods that might assist in fighting H. pylori and have your health boosted which is
- Leafy greens, like kale and spinach
- Cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, and cabbage
- Olive oil
- Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries
- Foods that are rich in probiotic, like miso, sauerkraut, yogurt, kombucha ( most especially with Saccharomyces and Lactobacillus)
Furthermore, a person that has stomach ulcers might have acid reflux accompanying the disease, it’s better they stay off from sour and foods that are spicy when they are healing their ulcer.
Home remedies to treat stomach ulcers
Adding to you taking foods that are healthy, these items might also assist in having the H. pylori effects reduced, which is the bacterium that is responsible for a lot of stomach ulcers. Though, you can’t have this supplement to replace the medication that was prescribed or have it replace your treatment plan. This includes:
Your physician might suggest some things you should when you are home to have your ulcer discomfort reduced. Please have a discussion first with your doctor before you have these home and natural remedies considered for ulcers.
When should you see or call your doctor?
If you are thinking that you might be having a stomach ulcer, have your doctor called. Both of you can have a discussion on your symptoms likewise also the treatment options. It’s very crucial that you take care of your stomach ulcer because if you don’t care these stomach ulcers likewise the H. pylori could cause:
- Penetration: this will happen if the ulcers go via the digestive tract walls inside another organ, like the pancreas
- Obstruction: inside the digestive tract there will be a blockage, which can let the inflamed tissues swell up
- Bleeding: you can bleed from the site of ulcer and it can get to be life-threatening
- Stomach cancer: most specifically the non-cardia gastric cancer
- Perforation: this happens if a hole is created by the ulcer in the digestive tract wall
These complications symptoms might include the list below. If you notice any of them, you have to put a call to your doctor as fast as possible:
- Having breathing troubles
- Vomits / stools that are black or red
- A sudden pain that is sharp feeling inside your abdomen and it isn’t going away
How to prevent stomach ulcers?
To have the bacteria prevented that might lead to a stomach ulcer, on regular basis have your hands washed with a bar of soap and water. Likewise, be certain that your foods are cleaned and have it thoroughly cooked as needed.
To have ulcers which are caused by NSAIDs, you should either limit or stop making use of the medications. If you have to use it, be certain you are following the dosage that is recommended and doesn’t take alcohol when using them. Eat food when having these drugs and enough liquids.